This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Just wanted to share a great trip I took this week to the Burnside
Plantation in Henderson, NC  _www.burnsideplantation.com_
(http://www.burnsideplantation.com/)  .   This is a restored plantation with a
guest house for people
(beautiful), a  stable and pastures for your horses (immaculate), and kennels
for
your  dogs.  The owners were amazing people, and they maintain the acreage as
sort of a wildlife preserve with miles of riding trails winding in and around
their property.

The guest house would sleep 5 (one bedroom with twin beds and a bathroom,
one bedroom with a king bed and bathroom, and a double bed with a giant jacuzzi

tub downstairs.)  There is a full kitchen, so we brought our own food and
did all of our own cooking.  The nearest restaurants were about 8 miles  away
in
the town of Henderson, NC.  There is high speed internet access,  VCR, DVD
player, and Direct TV for those who need to remain plugged in, although  there
is no telephone!

I am not sure exactly what their rates are, my friend made the  arrangements.
 But for two nights lodging for us, and two horses we paid a  total of
$235.00.  I thought that was an incredible price for a great  trip!!

Although we took this as a pleasure trip, this would also be pretty
convenient for people traveling the I-85 corridor and looking for an overnight
stay
for transporting horses.  It was about 10 miles off the freeway.

Kate
(who had to leave Crazy Joe at home because not EVERYONE thinks he is the
best pony ever)