This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 5/9/07 1:25:41 PM,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Taking pictures inside an arena is a real hassle.  You are usually too far
> away for the flash to be any good, and that results in a really dark picture
> -
> does anyone have any ideas or tips for doing this well?

as someone who has had to do this recently, a lot depends on your camera. i
know that the lighting is usually horrid indoors, high ceilings, strange
lighting, and you are usually too far away to get good shots. it also depends
on
your camera. sadly, most point and shoot cameras, even digital, can't do a
very
good job, since they don't have a very long telephoto or wide open lens
setting. when i shot at winona last winter, i used my "big" camera, with a
200mm
2.8/f lens, and even then got some blur. i also increased the film speed, but
that
isn't always enough. maybe someone else has had experience with a different
small camera.....i just found it to be a challenge. when i was at the
minnesota
horse expo it was darn near impossible to shoot inside with my small camera.

laurie