This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 5/12/2007 9:05:44 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Kit Davis has offered to put up
> Mary and Jon Ofjord's and our horses if the fire comes to Grand Marais.
>
> My husband and I went to our log cabin on West Bearskin Lake this evening to
>
> try to "save" the structure from the fire if it comes to the cabin.  It
> seems so hopeless!  My youngest son has been fighting the fires since last
> Sunday and he told me tonight that the winds are supposed to change
> tomorrow, so hopefully our cabin, and many others, will be spared.

           Oh Philis, I will light another candle for your cabin ! Im glad
that yours and Mary and Jons horses have a plan if they need to be moved. Dont
wait too long moving them if it looks like you will need to. Cant tell you how
many horror stories of horses set loose to fend for themselves, running
panicked down highways with the EMS vehicles heading towards the fires Ive
heard
about. Pretty homes in the woods are so fragile, with the beauty of living with
wooded lots and the danger of those same woods so close to
structures.....thinking about your guys today now, good-luck !       Lisa