This message is from: "Lois Anne Starr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

when i went looking for a fjord, i wanted smaller, too, even though i am
tall
and "big boned."

Hi List;

Sorry about the pig eye comment, that was supposed to have been a private
reply...

I have been reading about the tall/short postings.  Most of my horse
experience was on either 16+ hand Thoroughbreds or on Arabs. Big difference
with each on how I fit.  Although I enjoy being close to the ground, I have
NEVER been able to mount from the ground unassisted, even when I was younger
and alot more sprier.  Leg length (or rather the lack thereof) has always
been an issue with me, and it doesn't matter how big or short the horse is
or the barrel size, I just can't seem to do the Stretch Armstong thing and
get my heels any more than halfway down the ribcage.  Needless to say, I
can't help but have the mental image of a roly-poly rider on a
roly-poly pony ala Norman Thelwell of myself.  Having bounced off too many
times in my younger years from waaay up in the upper altitudes, Fjordies
seemed to be the logical choice for me. Just one bounce is more like it.   I
like being able to see over a horse's back, too, instead of having to use a
haybale or two to groom!
--
Lois Anne, Wayne, Gallant Geier and the Lovely Lana from Montana

Tell me, and I'll probably forget.
Show me, and I will remember,
Involve me, and I will understand.