This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 5/17/2007 12:08:19 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> This message is from: Jean Ernest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> My yellow dun mare has amber eyes!  but  her eyes are rimmed with
> black as her skin is black, so they are quite beautiful.  Stella, her
> Grandma, who is White dun, has darker golden eyes.

 Yes, Jean, we know those beautiful amber eyes, dont we ? From the same line,
Anvil's Stina ( * white ) has passed along those eyes to some of her
offspring. 2 of her daughters here out of Leidjo ( who is also here ! ) Anvil's
Rebekka  (* brown dun ) and of course, Anvil's Sunn (* white ) have beautiful
unusual looking eyes. Rebekka's are a very light almost yellow amber and are
 "  lined " with dark brown ring about 1 inch all around. Her permanent
expression is one of surprise !! even when shes bored to death. Cody thinks its
"
creepy " I like it.

  Sunns eyes are a very dark liquid amber. You can only tell in bright
sunlight how amber they are.....very pretty and quite different than her full
sisters.

  Speaking of Sunn.....no foal yet. I would like to say that we are bonding
through the long quiet hours of the night, but I am more inclined to find a Fr
eddy Kruger mask and start leaping at her from behind barn walls to SCARE this
baby into being born.

 Just so you know....all attempts of scaring Sunn only get me warm kisses,
deep sighs, and going back to munching hay.

 Whatever.

 Like " gathering firewood ". this foal watch stuff is not as romantic as it
sounds.

 Spent much of last night watching and listening to her sleep, while grunting
and holding her breath, lifting her tail and even softly nickering ( to her
foal she hasnt met yet ? ) while I freeze to death and my nose runs down my
chin.

 In the trenchs now. Shes bagged up and eating like the next famine is upon
us.

 Whats the word in Norwegian for S L E E P ?

         Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz                          Lisa