From: Carol Trujillo [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2007 9:12 PM
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Subject: Western saddle for fjords?

This message is from: "Carol Trujillo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello all,

As a new fjord owner, I've enjoyed the fjord digest and learning more about
fjords.  My Henrik is a 9-year-old green-broke gelding who is in "boot camp"
at the moment, getting brakes and steering for trail riding.  We might take
advantage of the amnesty registration program. Looks like he could have been
registered with the Canadian registry but the previous two owners didn't
fill out the paperwork "because he's just a gelding."  (His dam was "Mid's
Nissa" and his sire was "Half Diamond's Lun.")

Does anyone have recommendations for a fjord-friendly, comfortable western
saddle?  His trainer is using an older, heavy, full-quarter tree and a short
skirt, which seems to stay in place well.  His previous owner used a Circle
Y "flex tree."  And I have a Bob Marshall treeless saddle that seems a
bit wide for him (with a narrow pad.)

Henrik is only the second fjord I'd ever seen. I was hooked at first
sight. He is something of a standout in the neighborhood -- chock full of
Quarter Horses, Paints, dark Warmbloods, and Arabs -- with folks asking if
he's part zebra because of his striped legs and "mohawk" do!

Carol
Ramona, California