This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

In a message dated 5/24/07 3:34:15 PM,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I am a novice rider looking for my first saddle, and as a mature (read
> that
> "senior") beginner, I  want a very secure saddle.

i can suggest the saddle that both i and linda syverson-kerr ride in, which
is called a balanced ride. it is indeed well balanced, set up with slightly
forward hung stirrups to help keep you in the proper position,   bulkless
rigging
which helps your horse feel your aids, a flat seat.....and very well made.
you can do a search on google for "fallis balanced saddle" and find his
website.
if you order custom, they are expensive, but i have purchased one on ebay and
even an older one is a wonderful ride. the way the tree is made and balanced,
it fits just about every horse. i got it when i still had my small quarter
horse, and it also fits oz the wider fjord. i have never felt like i am losing
balance or my seat....and i, too, am a "mature" rider.

laurie, and oz, who is also balanced