This message is from: "kate charboneau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

At hubby's insistence we feed exclusively from round bales.  We purchase
only enough small square bales to cover the events we do each year.  We
have 3 Clydesdales and an Arab that are out in the big pasture with a
round bale 24/7.  And I have my elderly Welsh/Paint and Fjord in a "dry
lot" up front.  I keep my boys' round bale tucked up next to the barn,
and I fork off of it twice daily and wheelbarrow it to the dry lot.  The
chubby, but not obese Fjord is always very crabby, desperate, dying of
starvation, and threatening to call his lawyer.  I don't love forking the
hay this way, but it's my best idea for limiting their hay while using
round bales.
It’s free.