This message is from: "jgayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have horses that "did it right" the first time. But with my second foal I let her free around the trailer and put an apple, first time, in about a foot or two on the floor. Did this for an occasional time and then over a period of time moved an apple forward gradually. It took about a year for me as she was young and not going anywhere. Eventually she went in all the way and, by now she knew where the ground was, so no fussing at backing out. The shocker, for her, came when I first shut the door behind her! What a racket in my prize trailer! She calmed down eventually and never had a problem after that. But then, she was a very smart girl!!! Jean Gayle

Author of:
'The Colonel's Daughter"
Occupied Germany 1946 to 1949
Send: $20 to Three Horse's Press