This message is from: "Gail Russell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well...the plot thickens...er...sickens?

Our neighbor found another farrier to trim three of our horses.  That is
good. He can do shoes too if we feel we really need them.

In the meantime, we went riding with hoof boots on with my somewhat
middle-aged QH.  His movement with the boots on is pretty wonderful.
Before, he had no impulsion at the trot, other than when he trotted up hill.
In our last trail ride, he felt GREAT at the trot.]  Jim even noticed the
difference in his way of going. '
And, Jim's QH looks much better to me in the round pen than he did, even
without boots.  Much less of the high-held head and jerkiness.

The one big problem about our situation is that we are on a sandy loam with
NO stones, anywhere. This means the ground does very little hoof trimming
for us.
 We do plan to try to put railroad ties around the water trough and put in
pea gravel around that so they get some hoof wear from that.

In the meantime, Jim and I are in beautiful Cedarville (see www.lahdidah.com
to see a somewhat enhanced picture of same. )

So...we will see how this all turns out.

Gail