This message is from: "Michele Noonan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I had to share our most recent grandaughter adventure.

On Saturday we participated in our local town Western Heritage Parade.

We pulled our mare Tone and her 4 week old filly WHR Fiona out of the pasture,
tormented them with baths and ribbons.  Karlie Jo, (who is just 3) wore
matching ribbons in her hair as well as a lavender cowboy hat and we all wore
purple shirts. We had 4 generations. My mother and myself and my daughter
Mandy and of course the star of the show Karlie.  Karlie even had practiced
her parade wave and proudly showed it to the judge. WHICH  I AM SURE HAD
SOMETHING TO DO WITH HER 1st PLACE.

Little Fiona was such a trooper, this filly is the easiest to work with. She
handles all the noise and a lot of people touching her with such poise. Tone
of course, was fine, she has done parades with her other daughter WHR Tonetta,
many times. She did get REAL slow when the road narrowed down near the
grandstand and made sure little Fiona was right near her.

Karlie had her debut in the Fjord Herald in the Libby 2006 pictures, She was
that cutie with the ribbon in her hand. She still claims WHR Elsker as her
horse. Now that he is a gelding maybe she will someday be able to show him.

Karlie can lead most of the horses by herself now and if they put their head
down and try and steal a bite of grass, she shakes the lead rope and says "
Knock it OFF" and they really listen to her.  She has mimicked the stern voice
real well.  So far it hasn't worked on her little brother though.

I hope the pictures turned out as we only had an OLD real film camera  (HAHA)
we aren't even sure how to work those anymore after years of digital cameras

Michele Noonan
Wild Hair Ranch
Stevensville, MT

  Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 10:26 AM
  Subject: fjordhorse-digest V2007 #143

  This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Hi list,
  I just wanted to share a short story of my just 2 yr old granddaughter and
  our 2 week old foal, Hansa.
  My granddaughter loves to feed the horses grass....