This message is from: "Codynfliffi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Need  some ideas please.

Questy is 3 years 3 months, and a pure bred fjord.  Been long reining 6
months using a liverpool driving bit on mildest settings.  Works well.

Broken to ride first week of May and doing well.  Riding in school gently,
and about to  start light hacks out.
He was broken with a grackle bridle, and straight bar happy mouth gag on
snaffle setting.  Not stunning but Ok.  Advised to strengthen bit as he got
strong.  Went to loose ring snaffle fulmer.  Great steering, but became very
strong.
Advised to swap to the liverpool bit for riding.
He is  strong but "gobby" ( much playing with bit and head movement) and at
times the breaks are ignored.
Swaped last night to a cheltenham gag.  He hated it.  So did I.  Yes fab
breaks but upset pony. He was afraid to go forward incase it hurt.  So thats
gone.

Where next. What do I try.

FYI  Back, and teeth checked, saddle checked and  schooling is 3X a week max
20 mins.  We are in the Uk so ride English and he will be broken to drive
quite soon. He is one fantastic quick learning happy little chap.  Not bargy
either.

What bits are good for young fjords.

Thanks

Liz