This message is from: "Martin Lis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I started trail riding with my 4 years old Claire and the fjord riding really
overcomes all my expectations. When I was reading fjordhorse digest in the
past, I had a feeling that you guys are somehow overdoing your praise of the
breed and that it looked rather like blowing your own horns. I have to admit
that you are most probably right or I was exceptionally lucky with Claire.
Such a pleasant riding and great personality of this horse I never experienced
before.
I do have two problems that I would like to solve.
1. Claire is living on the pasture with an arab-haflinger cross gelding named
Kid. They love each other very much, even though Kid has a tendency of bossing
her around. When I take Claire for a ride she does not want to go and to leave
Kid and shows a very stubborn determination to stay with Kid. It takes a lot
of my effort and strength to force her to leave. Once we are out of sight and
out of hearing Kid's calling everything is just fine and she goes like a nice
and lively well oiled machine. I know that it would be the best to go out with
both of them but I have to ride alone and most of the time do not have anybody
here who would ride Kid with us.
2. Claire is rather afraid of the water puddles and muddy spots on the forest
paths and would go to great lengths to avoid it.

Otherwise she is very much reliable and can handle the scares like for example
the crazy riders on mountain bikes that are riding in these hills ( local
people call them "parrots" because of their outfits full of fancy colors) When
such a biker suddenly appears out of the forest in front of her on a narrow
path, she just starts stomping with her front feet and makes some snorting
full of protest. In these situations Kid would send me flying over the tops of
the trees.
I will very much appreciate some advice what would be the best way to handle
my two problems.
Martin from Czech Republic