This message is from: "Bonnie Ehlers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I usually just lurch, but the comments about mares brought back some dear
memories of our old mare "Berte".  We bought her when she was 18 & "maybe
bred".  She had a filly for us the next Aug. and consequently over the next 6
yrs four more foals.  It was so easy to predict when she was ready.  If she
was in the pasture and her head was up, not grazing....she was in.  Except for
one year she settled the first time with live cover and & A-I.  One year she
settled, but the foal didn't survive the delivery.  Bonnie in Nebraska