This message is from: "kelly MacDonald" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Everyone!

I'm writing with enthusiasm tonight since I finally have my feet back on
the ground after an amazing trip to Ontario.  First, congrats Patti Jo!
Sounds like it was a great time, and excellent exposure for the breed.
Don't you just love the looks and the constant questions, especially the
ones about the manes?!

A few weeks ago I also took two Fjords into a local open show.  Both
geldings did me proud - taking home a few firsts, a few seconds and a
third.  All the classes were at least 8+ and we didn't place lower than
third in any class.  I was just glowing.  The judge was extremely
impressed and told me so later in the day.

I just returned from Ontario, as mentioned above.  The trip was based on
my examination for my Instructor's Certification.  I got that over with
the first day there, and passed (whew)!!.  I had the high score of the
day and the examiner was adamant that I continue and go on to get my
Coaching Levels.  So, that's the next step.  Well, I'm in the middle of
becoming a certified therapeutic riding instructor, so I suppose the
Coaching Levels will come after that.

After the exam I took the rest of the trip as a mini vacation.  And of
course, my idea of a vacation includes lots and lots of Fjords!  So we
made some visits and I was just beside myself with excitement of seeing
so many great horses and farms.  A very special thank you goes out to
John and Eunice Bosomworth, Lori Albrough and Pat and Jane Wolfe.  All
these people showed the utmost in hospitality and really took the time to
show us around.  I really learned so much and seen some of the most
beautiful fjords I've ever laid eyes on.  A bonus was seeing all
the foals; it was such a treat hanging with some amazing youngsters!

Things aren't slowing down any, even considering the busy show season
quickly coming to an end.  Through all the excitement of the trip to
Ontario I completely forgot about my enrollment in a First Aid/CPR course
this weekend.  So the weekend is being spent learning about
defibrillators and bandages.  Maybe not my idea of a relaxing weekend
with the horses, but it's all good to know (and mandatory for all
certifications ;))

Off to do late night chores and say good night to the horses (who think
it's great that they've had almost a week off).

Kelly