This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm a big fan of groundwork, mostly because I am an iffy rider!!  But  also
because I broke my leg and shattered my knee shortly after getting my very  own
fjord, so I was not very mobile.

Although I don't think Parelli is a cure for all ills, their foundation for
groundwork is great.  Some of the stuff I could not do while my leg healed,
but let me tell you, my pony can back his way in, out and around anything with
just a wiggle of my finger.  We spent a LOT of time playing with backup,  and
with flexing and bending of the neck, moving the hindquarters, lowering his
head - stuff I could do without walking around.  Not a lot of calorie
burning, but fun for both of us, and really great for bonding.

If you have an interest, clicker training is also a lot of fun, the fjords
take to it quite well, and it does NOT require much physical effort from the
trainer.

Kate

In a message dated 10/2/2007 1:35:09 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,