This message is from: "kate charboneau" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Oh, Laurie, I'm so sorry.  This type of blunder takes so long to grow
out.  Thank goodness Oz had enough hoof left to shoe.  When we got our
first Clydesdale we left him there and returned the next week with the
trailer.  When we returned to pick him up, the owner had done us a
"favor" and trimmed him for us.  Clydesdales have poor feet in the best
of times (2000# on soft white hooves).  We had our farrier out ASAP,
there was not enough hoof left to shoe.  It took a month before he was
sound, and months to get a decent hoof grown back.  We were some kind of
hot over this, I still get steamed up when I think about it (now 7 years
later) so I can relate.  I'd be tempted to send him a copy of the two
bills you'll have for correcting his blunder, along with a letter, since
he won't return your calls.