This message is from: Sarah Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have had so many e-mails, good wishes and prayers sent my way.  I cannot at
this time respond individually, but it warms my heart.

  Yesterday, the CHP allowed up past one checkpoint to the home where Nika and
Chili were.  Although they hadn't eaten in 2 days, their water tubs hadn't gone
completely dry and they were in good spirits.  They were in even better spirits
after we fed them.  We weren't able to see Malcom, but I did reach on the phone
a neighbor who said he'd check up on Malcom.

  Today, we were able to get past all 3 checkpoints on the way to our home to
see for ourselves it is still standing.  Our road, which is a peninsula into
undeveloped land, was surrounded by char on 3 sides but the homes are all
intact.  This is due to the skilled and dedicated work of the firefighters. I
also give a lot of credit to our local rural fire department who has hounded us
mercilessly on the subject of defensible space.  Malcom was looking pretty
pleased with himself.  It seems that at least 2 different neighbors had been
checking up on him and feeding him.  Even our rabbit had a full water bottle.

  We attended a briefing this morning at the local high school and got more
concrete news that we had gleaned from 3 days of TV and radio coverage.  It
appears likely that we will be able to "re-populate" tomorrow.  Of course I am
anxious to return home, but maybe now I have done a visual on both my home and
all my horses, I will actually get a full night's sleep tonight.

  I feel so fortunate to have been spared everything but inconvenience.  I have
wonderful neighbors (even if a bit fool-hearty to shelter in place), caring
friends and our fire-fighters are awesome.

  Sarah
http://mail.yahoo.com