This message is from: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We have three Icelandics and a 2 year old Fjord.  Generally, Icelandics are
smaller than Fjords and I would be concerned with the fit. I agree that the
quilted top (if that is, or is an element of, what you are thinking of in terms
of comfort over long distances)is interestng and comfortable.

We have an Icelandic gelding (13 hands 2 or so) who was miserable in the
Icelandic saddle we bought for him.  He was (i) too short backed for the saddle
(perhaps not an issue with a Fjord)so tolting was very uncomfortable for him
and (ii) way too wide.  Honestly, at the time the only saddle that fit him from
our boardng barn was that of a shire (I am not kidding).  He is brawny and
physically gifted.  We ended up with a made to measure English saddle.

Our Icelandic mare found a very good fit with the Steuben/Benni's Harmony, but
she is smaller than our 2-year old Fjord gelding.

The bottom line is be careful with the fit.

John Brinker