This message is from: "mom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

----- Original Message -----
From: John Murdoch
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2007 10:04 PM
Subject: [RecreationalEquineDriving] Sane, Quiet Gelding with Experience?

Hi!

My daughter, Annie, has been driving a miniature horse at a therapeutic
riding program for the past two and a half years. I've written about
Annie to the list several times, and I think I still have pictures up on
the board.

Annie has outgrown the mini, and it's time to move up. We're looking for
a 12 to 14 hand gelding with at least a couple of years of experience
driving, and that is pretty close to bomb proof. The guy we're looking
for is the complete antithesis of the "up in the lines boy's horse with
plenty of snap" you see advertised in the Lancaster Intelligencer
classifieds. We're looking for the guy the Amish gave up on because he
was too slow, too patient, and too interested in scoring treats from
adoring little girls to go racing down the road.

We're looking with the driving instructor from Equi-Librium
(http://www.equi-librium.org), the NAHRA program where Annie drives.
We'll board the pony at Equi-Librium, where Annie will drive (and where
Annie is doing vocational training as part of her school work).
Depending upon the horse, he may also be used for hippotherapy (physical
therapy on horseback).

We're in eastern Pennsylvania--we're willing to go a distance
(Connecticut, northern Virginia, Finger Lakes of New York). Do you know
of a suitable horse? We'd love to hear from you (either here, or off list).

John Murdoch

P.S. For the time being--purely as an interim measure--Annie is driving
a 17h Belgian with a wagon. It's a big adjustment (not least because
Annie gets into the wagon by riding the lift on the back--the wagon was
designed for whips in wheelchairs). But the "Three Hs" as we call 'em
(handling, harnessing, and hooking) are a big part of Annie's
program--and harnessing a 17h horse is a real challenge when you're only
14h yourself.

__._,_.___

Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to
Traditional
  a..  5New Members
  b..  5New Photos
Visit Your Group