This message is from: "Douglas Knutsen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jen Frame asked about Fjord stamina, strength, and social behavior.

I think they do have excellent stamina, but not when they are overweight and/or out of shape. That might be the reason.

Yes, Fjords often can push their fencing, and other things, aroung. They know how strong they are. It's people who often don't. I, the middle-aged bossy lady, had to almost bully our very experienced barn builder into making things stronger than he usually did. Good thing.

Most Fjords are very social. If there are other Fjords around, however, they often will choose to hang out with "their own kind." And Fjords DO NOT always end up lower in status than pasture mates of other breeds. Just ask Erlend's uppity daughter, OH Sadie, who lives at Olivia Farms....

Questions are just fine.

Peg Knutsen
www.fairpoint.net/~kffjord.net/