This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I had to write and tell you all about the amazing day that my friend Kat  and
I had on our wonderful geldings, Monark and Vral.  It was the annual  holiday
parade here in Davidson, North Carolina, a little town just north of
Charlotte.  The weather was beautiful--sixty degrees, sunny and  calm.

I have only owned Monark for six months and some of you may remember that I
initially had some doubts about keeping him when I had him on trial.  He is  a
seventeen year old son of Gjest who is on the more aloof end for a Fjord,
definitely a one person horse.

Riding in the parade was like stepping into a 3-D de-spooking CD.   These
guys were exposed to more than I can remember today: fire engines with  lights
and siren, bullhorns, motorcycles, chugging tractors, other flighty,  kicking
horses, flatbed tractor trailers with air brakes, manholes, railroad  tracks,
running, screaming children with inflated red exercise balls (don't  ask), etc.

They both behaved like they had seen it all before.

The most fun thing was fielding the usual questions.  Here in  semi-rural
Carolina, we had guesses that they were everything from donkeys to  llamas.
People were yelling from the sidelines, "What kind of horse is  that?
Beautiful!
Amazing!"  They were dressed in sort of an  antique/Scandinavian Christmas
theme with full winter pelts and honestly looked  like reindeer.  At one point,
We had about a dozen people waiting in line  to touch their manes.

After four hours in process and parade, they hopped on the trailer like it
was another day at the office and headed home.  I have definitely had to  work
harder for the heart and loyalty of this horse, but his increasing trust in
me has been so gratifying.  This breed continues to amaze me--they  are steady
minds with such big  hearts...but you already knew  that!