This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Gail and Sarah,

Thank you for sharing your experiences.  X-rays show the hock that was
originally the lame one has begun to fuse.  The opposite hock still has  bone
spurs.  The vet says this is a typical progression, first one hock,  then the
other.  I hope that with time, my mare will be without  symptoms.  She doesn't
act
as though she is uncomfortable, just stiff, as  you mentioned.  My vet says
that treatments other than pain management, if  needed, just prolong the time
it
takes for the bones to fuse.

Linda