This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<<I was so incredibly smitten with her during the week long trial  stay at my
place....>>

Yeah, I had the same experience meeting Joe.  One nuzzle and I never  noticed
another thing about him until months later.

<<Is this a common fault found in the conformation of many  Fjords?>>

I don't know anything about conformation, but I'd hesitate to call it a
fault.  I shim my saddle pad at the withers to level out my saddle, and  both
of
mine have slightly higher butts.  Not particularly more so than the
quarterhorses at my barn - but now I will have to spend more time looking at
butts.

<<one look at her thick throat latch and say that ofcourse she will  never
be able to flex at the poll and have ner nose  vertical.>>

I think this is much more of a training issue.  Joe has an impressive
throatlatch, and can drop his nose vertical and trot comfortably.  Not for  me
so
much, but for a trainer I work with.  He has as pretty a dressage  carriage as
you could ask for.  But with someone not asking for it, he  looks like a normal
horse.  Della has never been trained in any English  riding forms, and her
natural tendency is to go with her nose out, but we are  working slowly on
learning to flex and drop.

Kate
with Joe (basically, the best pony ever)
and Della (who just slays me with those big soft eyes)