This message is from: Emily Wigley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'm so glad your mare is ok! Good for you for being there, noticing what was going on, etc. Having a t-post puller is one of the handiest things, but bar that, a chain wrapped so it snugs with a pull from a tractor's front loader is the handiest way to get them out I know, but in a pond something fierce can happen with suction as you mentioned.

Several years ago we were having our perimeter fencing done, and the fencing guys asked us if we were sure we wanted a 6' gate in one spot, suggesting something wider. They were right, we needed a bigger gate there, so they proceeded to move a gate post. These are 6-8" diameter wood posts pounded into the ground by a very large implement on a very large tractor.... and it wouldn't budge with any of the normal methods. They bumped it repeatedly to break the suction, and the thing just moved a little, but wouldn't come out no matter what. Thank goodness we have a gigantic 10 ton forklift, which my hubby proceeded to chain to this giant post and puuuuuuuuullllll out of the ground. It was amazing! The fencing guys are used to post pounding and its sturdiness, but they were amazed with this one! Suction is an amazing thing! This was in a very dry location, so I'm sure when there's pond water around it can be really tough!

Emily