This message is from: Kelly Trirogoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello list;

I have enjoyed every waking minute of being a member of this list. I wish to
someday visit you all. Your knowledge and information has helped me
tremendously (even as a lurker). I have just paid my dues to the NFHR, and
look forward to receiving my first herald. I wish I could go to moses lake for
the dressage clinics, but it won't be this year. ANyways...

I have been meaning to ask this question for  a while, but i just keep
forgetting to. I know that at least one of you in here can help me out. I have
a lovely work harness I have just purchased for my fjord. Everything looks
very nice on him, except the collar. I have to purchase a new one for him.
My question is, how do I know what size to buy for him.  One webpage says the
collar must have atleast 4 inches between the throat and the collar, because
the horse will inevitably have to put his head down to pull.  Another webpage
says that for light work only 2 inches is necessary between the collar and the
throat. A third web page states that the collar should be snug.  I don't want
to waste my time (and my horse) with ill fitted collars. If I measure his
neck, does the company do the math and add the necessary inches? He will be
pulling a ring harrow (quite heavy metal, and a stone boat for pulling rocks
out of the field)

Any advice on purchasing a collar would be great.
 CheersKelly and Skovy in beautiful Qualicum Beach, BC