To: <fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2008 1:15 PM
Subject: new member introduction

This message is from: "Lewis Family" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I don't currently own a Fjord, but am educating myself. I ride a Fjord mare that I just love and if she's
what the breed is all about then, they're the horse for me!  I wouldn't
describe her as bombproof or unflappable unless she's worked 4 times a week.
Nothing much fazes her then!  If she's out of work for a week...look out!
Some of her antics are kind of cute, but a beginner could get scared pretty fast. Never really cared for mares before her either. She a very sweet puppy dog in the grooming stall. Her other side only comes out if you want to do something with her! Still, my instuctor has been using her as a longe horse for seat lessons and she's a rock. Gives you nothing you can't correctly ask for. No filling in the blanks for you. I'll be sad when she goes back to her owner as a trail horse. I really think with good, consistant training she is
capable of doing a very correct level 3 dressage test.

When I am actually ready to buy, I'll be looking for a dressage prospect that
I can have a really good time on.  I don't expect a warmblood in a Fjord
package, but do want to be able to compete and do trails and even a few low
jumps.  I'm trying to convince my husband that CDE's would be fun for the
whole family. I seem to have a bit of convincing to do! I'm old enough that competing in dressage for me is about the fun, not the ribbons. And I plan on
doing it with a non tradional breed.  Fjord or otherwise.  People need to
understand that they will have more fun on a horse that they fit.

I'm kind of long winded at times!

Jennifer Lewis
North Bend, WA