This message is from: "Willows Edge Farm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Since my previous post on hay prices, I've realized we are in the mid range
in the $265 a ton. I just order another 7 ton for delivery in a month - in
talking with the broker, he thinks this will probably be as low as it gets
for the good, quality stuff.

I know we hear that every year. The problem is that 250 acres in America are
being developed every hour. Hay crops have been changed over to corn. More
and more is being shipped over to Japan (from Eastern WA at least) for their
cattle and they are willing to PAY. I'm afraid we've only just begun to see
high hay prices. It won't stop me from keeping my Fjords. For those of you
lucky enough to have large pastures/properties make sure you look into good
pasture management techniques and adding in some good quality seed this
year. The rest of us will be jealous...at least I am :-)

Corinne Logan
Willows Edge Farm
Bothell, WA
(425) 402-6781