This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I received the Herald today and read through some very nice articles and
well written passages and beautiful pictures, however when I came to one
article
in particular  Training a bit less, voice only fjord.   I have to  say that
It gave me very uncomfortable feeling in many comments such as horses  not
wanting to please humans (which I have found to be just the opposite
especially
with the Fjords)  and if this method were tried by many of the  people that I
have seen, well I think that I would stay off the road and under  safe cover.
Using force and discomfort as a primary training method  is only saying to me
that we as humans have not evolved very far.   As  stated in this article the
author only has experience with negative  re-enforcement.   Well I must say
that a good boy or girl and a  lot of good pats a Fjord will do anything for
you, even leave their beloved  food pile to perform.   So I am rather
disappointed with this  article.   I do not feel it is sound and safe as method
that
should be  advocated in a breed magazine..    I am interested in how  everyone
else felt and is this really an appropriate place for  this sort of thing?

Bonnie Morris

  Western Washington the sun made and appearance today  :0))))!!!

listings at AOL Autos.