This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Dear Fjord horse list,
Many thanks to all of you who sent me advice re: Alf.
By Last thurs. there was only slight improvement in his attitude; vitals were
stable; so had the vet come out and look at him; and decided to sedate and tube
him. Tolerated everything well; no impaction on rectal still she commented on
"how weird and acetone/fruity smelling his manure was. Spent the night in with
Val again; and then both were turned out in the AM with their grazing muzzles
on for 4 hours to get them re acclimated? to them again. Same thing Sat & Sun.
By 5 pm this evening; my beloved "buck n toot boy" was once again charging
around the pasture in usual fashion; showing Diva, Jake; and Valdemar who the
prince is!
Will continue to check vitals;attitude; gut sounds feet ; etc; but I think we
have turned in the right direction. Lymes is pending; will repeat the
chemisties and CBC this week. Manure appeared normal today and yesterday.
Thanks again for being a great source of advice for the novice owner.
Susan