To: <fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 3:11 PM
Subject: electric fence newbie

This message is from: "Melinda Schumacher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi,

Now that it has quit raining, I ventured outside and heard this snapping
sound in the vicinity of my new electric fence. I heard something similar a
couple of days ago, thought this meant the current was arcing, and when I
dislodged the plastic handle of the bungee-cord gate from the bolts of the
associated wooden gate doors, the snapping stopped.  Problem solved.  But
now I hear the snapping sound again and the bungee cords are appropriately
placed. I am not sure what the snapping means, why the current is arcing if
it is, or how serious of a problem this might be.  Can you help?

Of course with all the rain the vegetation is extremely wet and heavy.  It
may be that some tree leaves are now touching the wire somewhere....but
would that cause the snapping sound/arcing?

thanks,
Melinda
Marengo OH

For your security this Message has been checked for Viruses as a courtesy of
Com-Pair Services!