This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I have been giving them a handful of beet pulp for about a year, just to  mix
their supplements into (per the advice of Beth Valentine, draft horse
nutritional "expert".  The vet suggested making it even wetter than it is
(actually
leaving it soupy rather than just fully soaked and expanded, and  adding a
teaspoon of salt for good measure if it looked like they were not  drinking
enough.

Hard to tell which they'd prefer - beet pulp or hay, but I'm pretty sure if
the calorie choice was theirs, they'd stick with the hay!!

Kate