This message is from: Mike May <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello Fjord Friends!

Our therapeutic riding center, located in upstate NY, is currently looking for additional horses to use in their riding lessons for individuals with disabilities. I personally am extremely well acquainted with the Fjord breed, since I have owned a Fjord of my own, MVF Malla, for 18 years. Malla proved all too well the versatility and huge heart that are characteristic of our favorite breed, since her and I literally have done everything a horse and rider/whip could do. She now is a fantastic teacher to my 2 year old daughter as she learns about riding and horsemanship (and of course I still ride/drive her too!). I also take credit for roping the NFHR's Registrar/Executive Director (Mike May) into his role, as he wouldn't ever have started it if it weren't for horse crazy me getting him introduced to Fjords- he's my dad! ;-)

Anyway, knowing Fjords so well, I know if we could find the "perfect" Fjord, he/she would likely be the perefect combination of size, sturdiness and temperment that a great therpeutic riding horse needs. I am an Advanced Certified NARHA (North American Riding for the Handicapped) instructor, and the Sr. Instructor at our center, and I sure would love to get my hands on a furry little Fjord for our riders (and I know the riders would just love them)! We also have an eye towards the future to incorporate a driving program into our center, and a Fjord would likely be able to slide right in there as well.

If any of you know of a good candidate to be a therapeutic riding horse, please contact me. We are looking for a horse with "some miles" that has been ridden a fair amount and has seen a lot of things, so likely will be 8 years old or more. We are especially interested in any horse that you may be interested in donating and receiving a tax write-off for, though we will certainly consider a possible purchase if we can find just the right match.

Thank you!
Niki Whilden
Sr. Riding Instructor
Heritage Christian Stables