This message is from: Starfire Farm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I work with a warmblood stallion that was diagnosed a couple of years ago with with the possibility of having this injury to the hind leg. Unfortunately, it seems to have proven to be a chronic problem. This horse has spectacular movement, what would be considered "extravagant" in the Fjord world. His movement is world-class, which may be part of the problem with having him return to consistent, normal work. Plus, he is a fairly energic horse and, being a stallion on top of that, simply cannot "contain" himself at times when he is being hand-walked, making full recovery without re-injuring the ligament a challenge.

There is a lot of good information out there. One article that caught my eye was saying that you really cannot accurately diagnose proximal suspensory desmitis without an MRI, which is quite expensive. Here is a link to the article: http://www.thehorse.com/ViewArticle.aspx?ID=10775

Whatever treatment you end up using, the bottom line is, healing takes rest, time and patience, patience, patience! (Just ask Beth German! - her patience has paid off in spades)

Beth

--
Starfire Farm
Beth Beymer and Sandy North