This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Fortunately, my daughters 16 and 20) have been more or less thrilled with
having horses around the last 5 years.  they are not as obsessive as I am,  but
really love the fjords and are willing to help with care and  exercising.  My
husband does not really care for horses, but he cares for  me, so he puts up
with it.  My preference would be to spend literally every  waking moment down
at the barn when I am not working.  I "compromise" by  doing things with the
family that don't involve the horses sometimes.  The  occasional movie, or day
trip to something nearby.

After several years where our only vacation time was spent doing pony
things, I encouraged my husband to pick a trip that was something HE really
wanted
to do.  It has felt like a big sacrifice for me to give up 5 days of  vacation
when I could be spending it at the barn, but it has done a world of  good for
our relationship.  And the ponies seem to be weathering it  okay.  And
actually, spending time in Las Vegas without any  responsibilities at all, even
ones
that I love, is turning out to be pretty nice  for me too!

Kate
with Joe and Della (who completely understand why I would rather spend time
with them than anyone else)

In a message dated 7/3/2008 11:31:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,