This message is from: Paula Chmura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.  Galianna was doing much better today and
was able to be turned out and even nibbled some grass.  She is still a bit
akward with that as the slice went through her muzzle completely and she
obviously still has some pain in that area and she can't use it the way horses
normally do to graze (you know how sensitive their lips are when they graze).
Good news is that her teeth are looking really good - the slice went through
her lips/muzzle into her gums and I was really afraid that it had damaged the
roots of her teeth.  But so far, so good.  She is really looking amazingly
better.  She still has some swelling, mostly up on that straight bone under
the eye (I'm not sure what that's called) which is not near her cut so I'm not
sure why that area was so swollen.

She has no animosity at all towards humans about the accident.  She is still
her normal sweet, huggy self.  She is a bit depressed acting, meaning she is
usually a very spunky mare and she is quiter than usual.

We are in Pensacola, Florida.  And in fact the farm is located right next to
one of the Navy flight training centers - specifically where they train all of
the helicopter pilots.  We joke that our horses are literally bomb proof from
having the constant helicopter flight and landings over them all day and night
and the guys jumping and parachuting out of the helicopters all the
time.  There are literally probably 5-6 helicopters over the farm all day long
and often helicopters at night.  I did stop by the base and mention the issue
to the security there.  They said they would keep an eye out for anything.
They actually knew which two horses were mine from flying over them all the
time - I guess the two fjords do stand out in a crowd :)

On a more positive note, there was a show at the barn where I board last
weekend and while I was the photographer and couldn't ride myself, Mr. Frodo
had a big suprise and was called upon to participate  Midway through the
morning one of the trainers at the barn approached me and said that one of her
students had an injury to his horse that morning and didn't have a horse to
ride. He is a smaller man so she asked me if he could possibly ride Frodo so
he could still participate in the show. It was just a couple of Intro level
classes so I said why not. I didn't think about it until we went to tack him
up but I didn't have his dressage bridle with me at the show and only had his
trail riding bit which is a kimberwicke (mullen mouth) but since it was just a
schooling show the judge let him go ahead since we couldn't find another 6"
bit and we took off the curb chain. The gentleman hadn't been riding very long
and Frodo was a complete champ with him! He
 ended up scoring a 61% and a 64% finishing 4th and 2nd respectively in large
classes. The rider was thrilled as he has never scored above the mid fifties
before. The judge had kind words to say about my grand old man but did comment
that "it looked like he had been drinking too much beer!" Frodo wasn't
terribly clean for his rides and his mane could have been done better if I had
known he was going to be shown, but here are some pictures to share -
http://web.sendtoprint.net/proofbook/login.asp use the keyword frodo  It was
neat to get some riding pictures of the old boy as I never seem to get any as
I am always behind the camera and nobody else usually rides him. He is truly
worth his weight in gold

Paula, Frodo and Galianna