From: Caroline Warren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: fjordhorse@angus.mystery.com
Sent: Thursday, October 2, 2008 7:18:31 PM
Subject: Re: fjordhorse-digest V2008 #205

This message is from: Caroline Warren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi Jacquelyn,

I've had my fjord in a Myler comfort snaffle for riding for 3 years and
it's worked out very well, even though she is a bit headstrong.  I've tried
a Sprenger snaffle and she doesn't respond as well, especially when I ask
for a turn.  When her favorite thing was bolting at the canter (and doing
180s at the fence!) I went to a Myler correctional bit, which is a snaffle
with movable (swivel) side pieces that works very well.  I use a low port
liverpool for driving with the reins on the snaffle ring or the first hook.
She's much better now that she's given up the Mongolian pony mode and
settled down.

Good luck!
Caroline Warren
Chico, CA