This message is from: Danilo and Liz Ostacchini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hi

Last year there was the most fantastic  Fjordy Secret Santa.  I still have my
sun catcher up in my tack room.  Thank you.  Is there to be another this
year?

If so Id really love to join in again.
Thanks

Liz

In an un- expectedly bright  Southern England

> Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:50:58 -0400> From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: fjordhorse-digest V2008 #214> >
> fjordhorse-digest Sunday, October 19 2008 Volume 2008 : Number 214> > > > In
this issue:> > Re: Nibblenets> Re: Nibblenets> Hoof Supplements> Herald and
Resource guide> RE: Re: Nibblenets> RE: Re: Nibblenets> Re Herald> Re:
fjordhorse-digest V2008 #213> hoof hardener & thanks> > See the end of the
digest for information on how to retrieve back issues.> >
----------------------------------------------------------------------> >
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:37:03 -0700> From: "Eileen Perry"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Subject: Re: Nibblenets> > This message is from:
"Eileen Perry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Too bad they don't come in pasture
size :) (My horses rub the BestFriends> off on the irrigation uprights, etc).>
> Eileen in eastern WA> > Important FjordHorse List Links:> Subscription
Management: http://tinyurl.com/5msa7e> FH-L Archives:
http://tinyurl.com/rcepw> Classified Ads: http://tinyurl.com/5b5g2f> >
------------------------------> > Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:57:46 -0700> From:
Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Subject: Re: Nibblenets> > This message
is from: Marsha Jo Hannah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> > "Eileen Perry"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> >> > Too bad they don't come in pasture size
:) (My horses rub the BestFriends> > off on the irrigation uprights, etc).> >
An acquaintance of mine used to be a harness maker. One of the things> that
she developed was a driving equivalent to the Australian> "stockman's bridle".
It has two crownpieces---the traditional one,> with the usual throatlatch,
plus a second one that sits a little> further back and buckles directly around
the throat, rather like a dog> collar. One of her customers had a problem with
his percherons> rubbing their regular bridles off, when standing around at
events.> My friend made this guy a pair of stockman's bridles, and said that>
his horses could NOT rub those bridles off (they tried)!> > So, get yourself a
nylon "cow collar" (or a couple of heavy nylon dog> collars, buckled end to
end, to make a longer collar). Put that on> one of your Fjords, snuggly around
his throat, and then put on the> grazing muzzle---but tether the crown strap
of the muzzle to the> collar, either at the top, or at both sides (about where
the browband> would attach, on a bridle).> > And, let us know the results....>
> Marsha Jo Hannah Murphy must have been a horseman--> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
anything that can go wrong, will!> 15 mi SW of Roseburg, Oregon> > Important
FjordHorse List Links:> Subscription Management: http://tinyurl.com/5msa7e>
FH-L Archives: http://tinyurl.com/rcepw> Classified Ads:
http://tinyurl.com/5b5g2f> > ------------------------------> > Date: Fri, 17
Oct 2008 10:40:09 -0700> From: Emily Wigley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Subject:
Hoof Supplements> > This message is from: Emily Wigley
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Valerie, I have recently heard rave reviews of
Durasole, a product > that is designed to protect feet that are sensitive
and/or weak. I > heard about it from some eventers (three day eventing) all
over the > US and Canada. I asked my farrier about it last week, and he told
me > it is a great product. It does require shoes, but may be a good idea > to
help protect from the outside while you also are feeding a biotin > rich
supplement and working from the inside. http:// > www.durasole.com It's
available from your farrier.> Good luck -> Emily> > Emily Wigley>
www.FishBowlFarm.com> Vashon Island, Wa> > On Oct 17, 2008, at 8:58 AM,
Valerie wrote:> > When she is being ridden she takes> > shoes and pads on the
front and she is OK, but I have pulled her shoes> > now since I had knee
surgery in July and she is not toughening up > > on her> > own. We have so
many rocks here. I know it will take a year to see> > improvement.> >
Important FjordHorse List Links:> Subscription Management:
http://tinyurl.com/5msa7e> FH-L Archives: http://tinyurl.com/rcepw> Classified
Ads: http://tinyurl.com/5b5g2f> > ------------------------------> > Date: Fri,
17 Oct 2008 11:08:57 -0700> From: "Ron & Sherrie Dayton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Subject: Herald and Resource guide> > This message is from: "Ron & Sherrie
Dayton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> HI all,> > I just received my new Herald and as
usual it is excellent! The new NFHR> Resource Guide that came with it is
fantastic! A huge THANK YOU to all that> worked on it! It is a great tool for
all of us and for any new Fjord horse> owners or those that just want to know
more about this wonderful breed that we> all love.> > We finally have
something resembling high speed internet so any of you that> may want it our
new e-mail address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]> > Thanks,> Sherrie> > Important
FjordHorse List Links:> Subscription Management: http://tinyurl.com/5msa7e>
FH-L Archives: http://tinyurl.com/rcepw> Classified Ads:
http://tinyurl.com/5b5g2f> > ------------------------------> > Date: Fri, 17
Oct 2008 18:38:50 -0400> From: Genie Dethloff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Subject:
RE: Re: Nibblenets> > This message is from: Genie Dethloff
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> what is a bunker type feeder?> > >I actually think that
the best way to "serve" a> >NibbleNet is in a bunker type feeder. My
reasoning> >is that a horse has to crane its neck to get the hay> >out of the
Nibble Net. I would think his neck would> >get sore given the fact that it
does take quite a> >while for them to eat out of the NibbleNet> >> > - -- >
Genie Dethloff and Pjoska> Killingworth, Connecticut> > Important FjordHorse
List Links:> Subscription Management: http://tinyurl.com/5msa7e> FH-L
From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Subject: RE: Re: Nibblenets> >
This message is from: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> A bunker feeder
is just a box on the floor...usually> built in. The sort of thing cattle are
fed in. Not> many people feed horses in something like that> because they tend
to step in it.> > Gail> > Important FjordHorse List Links:> Subscription
Management: http://tinyurl.com/5msa7e> FH-L Archives:
http://tinyurl.com/rcepw> Classified Ads: http://tinyurl.com/5b5g2f> >
------------------------------> > Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:20:03 -0700> From:
"jgayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Subject: Re Herald> > This message is from:
"jgayle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> That is really top, top quality in a magazine.
And I have been around a long> time to many places. Really enjoy it. Even my
friends with their minis were> glued to it. Thanks for the good work and
quality. Jean Gayle> > > > > > > > > > Author of:> 'The Colonel's Daughter">
Occupied Germany 1946 to 1949> Send: $15 to Three Horse's Press> 7403 Blaine
Rd> Aberdeen, WA 98520> > Important FjordHorse List Links:> Subscription
Management: http://tinyurl.com/5msa7e> FH-L Archives:
http://tinyurl.com/rcepw> Classified Ads: http://tinyurl.com/5b5g2f> >
------------------------------> > Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 20:51:27 EDT> From:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Re: fjordhorse-digest V2008 #213> > This message
is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> In a message dated 10/17/08 11:11:11 AM,>
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:> > > > , and my flock of
chickens are who suffer> > because of the fox. > >> > i was just wondering if
they would protect chickens. i keep all mine inside> electric netting, so they
never really get to wander, but my ducks and geese> also stay in the fence,
and they have eaten up all the grass. i know there are> coyotes behind me,
because i hear them. one chicken refused to come in at> night, and i found
what was left of her out behind the barn.......so maybe a> donkey, maybe a
guard type dog?> > i just had to put my 11 year old chessie down, and i really
don't feel like> another dog until spring, and i have tossed around the idea
of getting an> outside dog that would guard the birds.> > laurie, and oz, who
now appears to have morphed into a yak> > > **************> BUY> Indiana Jones
and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on DVD today!>
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1209326865x1200539441/aol?redir=http>
://www.indianajo> nes.com/site/index.html)> > Important FjordHorse List
http://tinyurl.com/rcepw> Classified Ads: http://tinyurl.com/5b5g2f> >
------------------------------> > Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 00:38:52 +0000> From:
sandra church <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> Subject: hoof hardener & thanks> > This
message is from: sandra church <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> My farrier recently
recommended a product new to me...Crossapol. Our> thoroughbred has always had
difficult feet and moisture is his worst enemy.> At age 27 (and retired) I
still have to keep shoes on the front or he's quite> lame without them. But
keeping shoes on him has always been a challenge until> I started using
Crossapol & I've tried every product out there for the past 16> years.> Go to
www.deltahoofcare.com for the details. It's not cheap...I'm paying $30> per
bottle.> > Also, thanks to everyone who responded to my donkey questions.
You've helped> me alot and hopefully I can "adopt" the right critters to help
our coyote> problem.> > Enjoy the changing season! Sandra & Loki>