This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Some years I get hay that the horses mess with and what a job it is to
clean up. Some years the hay is so good they eat every stem. It is never
moldy or old, just some years tastes better I guess.
        As to feeders, my experience is that the horses like to remove
all the hay from the feeder, drop it on the ground, and eat it from
there. My old Morgan is especially adept at this. It is especially
irritating in the trailer as you get where you are going and he has
pulled it all out of the net and it is on the floor and now he can't get
to it. Well, that is what I am there for, to refill the net!
        Supposedly it is healthier for their airways to eat from the
ground position.
        I would check the quality of your hay.
        Valerie
        Columbia, CT