This message is from: Paula Chmura <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Over the years I have had more than my share of mistakes on coggins.  I
attribute this to the fact that generally I work a full time job and the barn
staff hold the horse for the vet when the coggins is pulled and some kind of
miscommunication occurs.  Suffice it to say that this has resulted in one mare
being listed as a gelding, and a gelding vice versa, leg markings transposed,
and a bay mare listed as chestnut.  Some of these have been very problematical
when they occurred just prior to preentered shows and the show committee won't
accept a coggins on a mare which lists her as gelding (well she was a butch
type mare, but still..._).

Well lo and behold it was time for Galianna to get her new coggins last month
and due to her lovely manners I was invited take off from work and come hold my
little darling myself :)  When the vet started filling out the paperwork I
noticed that he had listed Galianna as a Palomino.  I respectfully tried to
explain to him that indeed she was actually a dun and that all fjord are
genetically dun, and that in fact she was genetically brown dun.  The vet
looked at me told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that the horse
was obviously a palomino and so kept her coggins marked as such.  Well.  After
this little encounter I went to the barn owner who had held Frodo when he had
his coggins done by another vet who was at the barn a few weeks age.  Looking
at Frodo's coggins it seems he is listed as a "carmel" colored fjord.
Interesting.   Who knew.  Does this mean I have two incredibly rare and
wondurous carmel and palomino colored fjords!  I just
 knew they had to be extra special for some reason ;)

Paula with Galianna and Frodo (who knew his color had to be food related :)