This message is from: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Be aware that when you ship a horse internationally, like to Canada, the
Coggins has to be filled out very exactly. My vet fell down on the job a
bit this summer. He had the mare as a dun, but said "No Markings." When I
took all the paperwork in to the Federal inspector to give me her
travelling papers, he said, No, no, she has to have markings, just go
over her and mark every hair whorl, scar (none on her) and so on. Another
reason to have a horse microchipped or branded I guess. The vet looked at
her again and marked every hair whorl and she was good to go, after I
went back in to the Federal inspector. At least the vet did not charge me
and he had warned me to leave plenty of time to do this, as our inspector
is only in his office 4 hours a week.
        Valerie
        Columbia, CT