This message is from: "plumg...@pon.net" <plumg...@pon.net>

I do pretty well with Rom.  Round type gravel is no
problem.

Gunthar has flat feet.  He is draftier, and maybe
would have flatter feet anyway.  He tends to be tender.

I have two three QH that also do pretty well, though
all gimp on roads with big crushed rock pieces.  One
should know, however, that horses in shoes are also
getting their feet bruised on these same rocks (think
about it, the shoes do not lift them up that high).
The horses just do not gimp because their feet are
numbed by the lack of circulation in their feet.  So
says our vet/farrier.

With the cost of shoeing one can do a lot of
experimenting with boots.  I use the Easy Boot Epics,
but am considering trying the Renegades.

It would take a big emergency to get me to put shoes
back any of my horses.

Gail