This message is from: "Pat Holland" <pholl...@internetni.com>

really gives me hope to hear from someone who has been through this and come
out the other side. I hope we have as much success with Trygg as you have
with Joe, he sounds like quite a character. Hopefully, I'll be boring the
list with my updates for a long time too :-)

Krisse,

I have worked with 7 Anvil's Torbjorn progeny. Several years ago 4 came to me as 7 and 8 year olds with out even being halter broke. I was hesitant to take them as I had never started any horse that age from scratch. All four came out from their "un-education state", surprising well. For the most part all of the "Toby" sons and daughters have sense, and good minds. All 4 were started under saddle, by myself, I showed one at the Blue Earth show, under saddle with only 30 days in training and all four were sold to good homes where they continued as willing, trusting mounts.

The other three were of various ages, two mares and a gelding. All had some training, one had some nasty habits and had three different homes before I got him in for training. He was an interesting schooling subject, he carried some of the descriptions you told about. It took some innovative thinking at times to get him to comply, but got the job done and he went on to be a youth's mount.

Anvil's Torbjorn comes from some amazing bloodlines. bred by Orville and Anita Unrau whom are known for producing Fjords with good minds and work ethics and owned by Rich and Nancy Hotovy, respectable and honest breeder. Toby carried a Gold level 3 Medallion of Quality and several of his offspring earned their Medallions and continue to win, place at breed shows and in the open circuits as well as excellent, trusting riding (ring and trail), driving (pleasure and carriage), draft (competition and at home work), and exhibition (at Expo's, parades and Farm Progress Events).

His sire, Rudaren had 51 progeny and his outstanding disposition fell in cleanly onto his foals. Toby had 67 progeny and I can only think of a few that did not do his sire proud. Toby died in 04' and it was a great loss to the breed. He left some outstanding sons and daughters to carry on his name, such as TUF Tana, owned by Mike and Susie Sadlon who use her a VERY safe and honest (and much loved) family and show horse. TUF Reba, owned by Rich and Nancy Hotovy - with a NFHR Gold Medallion of Quality is a do it all mare - riding, driving, single and multiple draft, TUF Julie with her NFHR Silver Medallion of Quality - is another outstanding offspring and TUF Voss owned by Patti Jo Walter, whom I personally rode, was an absolute wonder of a horse.

Give your guy a chance, go slow and give him the benifit of the doubt for now - he has the pedigree and proof from his siblings to be able to do it for you.

Good luck
Pat Holland