This message is from: Karen Keith <kkke...@hotmail.com>

Dear Gail:

You may want to get a driveway alarm to let you know if anyone even starts up
your drive.  I have used them in both my Colorado property and now my Virginia
property and really like being alerted that someone is coming up to the house,
long before they get to the front door.  Admittedly, the deer sometimes trip
it during the night, but the dog has learned not to react to the deer.  Go
figure.  I think with her more acute hearing, she listens for the sound of an
engine after the alarm buzzes.  She's able to discern my husband's car engine
and my son's from "other" engines as well.  It's called Chamberlain Wireless
Alert System #RWA-300R by The Reporter.

http://tinyurl.com/5txetz   (This is the Amazon site)
I got my first one at Radio Shack, but you can get them cheaper at Amazon.com.
As a matter of fact, I need to order another one to keep in the barn to alert
me when I'm there.  I can't hear cars from the barn, and that unfortunately,
that cost me package delivery from the USPO because my dog had a go at the
postie up at the garage while I was down with the horse.  No bites, just
scared him.  Now I get to go pick up my pkgs from the post office the next
day.   :^(

Bad/dangerous neighbors is a scary problem.  Stay safe and good luck.

Karen in Northern Virginia
 > > In the meantime, we know she will be back home tonight and a constant
danger to us. We are on the > road, on our way to pick up our Pembroke Welsh
Corgi puppy that Lisa Pedersen found for us. Jim's > son went to Home Depot
and bought 8 locks and chains and put them on every single gate in the >
place. We will probably electric fence the perimter, and possibly install
cameras and motion > sensor alarms. I am really, really angry!>
http://livelife.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=669758