This message is from: Sarah Clarke <sarahmagdalencla...@yahoo.com>

Long time no post.  I had to travel to Europe in October on business for 2
weeks.  Just after I got back, November 3, I went to work as normal and by the
end of the day was admitted to the hospital with an immovable kidney stone and
sepsis.  I slept through most of November it seems and then tried to ride a
couple of times in December.  Finally 2 days before Xmas I was declared
infection free, and they removed both the stone and the stent (bypass drain!).
Two days after Christmas I said it's time to ride again.  Wow it feels good to
ride when there is no stone, no infection no stent!!!   Riding is fun again.  I
really give thanks to my senior mare Hviske with her soft gaits that I could
sort of even attempt to ride earlier.  Now for the last 5 days I have ridden 2
or 3 horses every day.  (it has helped my riding that the weather in Jamul has
been sunny and 68 degrees for the last 5 days - my apologies to those of you
who are chipping away ice an snow.)
 It is always amazing to me how quickly they remember all they know  and get
back in synch with me again.  But I have new sympathy for those who ride with
chronic pain - whether in the knee, the hip or the kidney.  And I have enjoyed
riding and sledding vicariously with all of you fjordlisters!

Well happy new year all you on the list.  Enjoy your Fjordies.