This message is from: katesei...@aol.com

I try really hard to do right by my Fjords, and now that they have  pastures,
that means either keeping them off the pasture, or keeping them in  grazing
muzzles for part of the time.  So, I introduced the grazing  muzzles.  The plan
is to have them in muzzles for 2 hours, pasture for 4  hours, and dry lot for
the rest.  Della is a bit dejected by the whole  thing, and comes at a gallop
when I arrive to remove the muzzle, but she has  pretty much gotten with the
program and is working the grass through the  muzzle.

Joe, of course, is another story entirely, and is not going to give in to
this indignity.  Rather than figuring out how to eat through it, he is
spending
his time rubbing and shaking it.  Today I came out to the pasture  to remove
the muzzle to find that he has managed to complete rip the base of the  muzzle
off of the halter.  I've sent a note to the folks at Best Friends,  and they
are amazed that he could do this so cleanly without benefit of  tools.  I am
ordering a replacement because darn it, he's the horse and I'm  the
person...and ...and....well....that has to count for something,  right!?

Kate
with Della (the good girl)
and Joe (the other one)
Awards.  AOL Music takes you there.