This message is from: Karen McCarthy <weeg...@hotmail.com>

The NorCal Equine Rescue has pioneered this so far...They have Euthansia
clinics. As far as I know they were the first to do so. In my area they are
starting to do this as well, and used NorCal as their model.

Believe it or not, some folks can't muster even the $250 it takes, and for
horses that are aged or sick beyond re-habbing, humane euth is warrented
(IMO).

NorCal does a great job rescuing, educating & adopting out. They are not at
all into saving every freaking horse on the planet

I think they are very progressive and grounded in reality, and they get my
vote, and occasionally my $$ as I think it is a worthwhile effort.

Check them out: http://www.norcalequinerescue.com/index.php

:: Karen McCarthy :: Great Basin Fjords :: Madras, Oregon ::

http://www.picturetrail.com/weegees