This message is from: Kathleen Prince <kathl...@pookiebros.com>

Hi,
Just wondering if my fjord filly is growing at a normal rate. The vet
was out this week and said both mare & baby look good body weight
wise. It's always been a guessing game as to how much to feed them.
Now we are leasing a pasture that actually has grass so I don't want
to overdo things to put them in jeopardy.

My filly is going to be 11 months old in a couple weeks. She is 13
hands and (according to the tape) weighs 562 lbs.

Her momma is 14 hands and weighs 992 lbs. When we got my mare she was
pregnant and weighed about 1200 lbs. She got down to 805 lbs.  before
we weaned the baby.  My mare still has a little milk though baby
hasn't nursed since she was 5 months. I can email recent pics if
needed. Thank you!
--
Kathleen Prince
kathl...@pookiebros.com