This message is from: pedfjo...@aol.com

In a message dated 3/31/2009 1:32:51 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
owner-fjordhorse-dig...@angus.mystery.com writes:

> This message is from: "ruth bushnell" <fjo...@frontiernet.net>
> This message is from: "Randi Nielsen" <cniel...@mwt.net>
>
> No, I don't support slaughter but is it more humane to let a horse starve
> death or to have it slaughtered??>>>>>>
>
> HMMMM, not much of a choice there. It is not humane to allow a horse to
> starve to death, but neither is it humane to condemn one to a violent and
> grisly end.

 Thank-you both Randi and Ruth for your comments.
Those 2 choices are not the ONLY 2 choices ! Try and re-home or euth. them
right there where they live. While the rescue facilities struggle to feed the
ones they have taken in.....more personal responsibility for owners is needed.

If I were a horse facing starvation or a slaughter ending, I would sure hope
for a caring owner who, in my peaceful yard with my friends all around, let me
go as quietly and calmly as possible. RESPONSIBLE OWNERSHIP.

and to Laurie.....good job. I had no doubt that you would find the right
solution for your guys. Good job, good mommie.               Lisa