This message is from: brass-ring-f...@juno.com

Thank you everyone for your help and information and the stories. There
are some kind and knowledgeable people in the world, and they own Fjords!
        I will let you know how my big girl is doing. I have joined the
hoof discussions. I have ordered herbs.
        I have not done everything because it reminds me of the fable of
the man and the boy leading the donkey to market. One bystander says,
Useless donkey, the old man should ride! And he does. Then the next
person says Poor little boy, you should be riding too! So he gets on.
Then the next person sees 2 people on this donkey and says poor
overworked donkey! You should be carrying him! So they arrive at the
market carrying this donkey between them. Quite a sight.
        I am sure you remember it. It all sounds sensible taken one at a
time, but the end result does not work. My point is, I know each person's
advice is the best they have and I thank them for sharing it. But I have
to take what I feel right and comfortable with and hope I have made the
right choices for the mare.
        Thanks,
        Valerie